Mike Shock wrote:
> Good time-of-the-day! ;-)
>
> Probably you need a DateTime object, which can be constructed (as 'ri
> DateTime' says) like this:
> date_time = DateTime.new(year, month, day, hour, min, sec, offset)
> where offset is given in fractions of day: e.g. 5/24.0 for an offset of
> +5 hours from UTC or GMT.

Won't do it :) The problem is, that we intend to actually replace stdlib
DateTime. Time obviously does store the offset internally, as Time.local
vs. Time.utc prove. Since we don't want to replace Time (which is merely
a wrapper around unix-epoch) we'd like to interface with it. And if we
can preserve the timezone-offset that'd be definately a plus.

regards