Rae wrote:
> I uninstalled my old ruby (v 1.8521 I think it was), and installed
> 1.8522 (windows installer).
> When the interactive Ruby console comes up it states:
>
> C:0:Warning: require_gem is obsolete. Use gem instead.
> C:0:Warning: require_gem is obsolete. Use gem instead.
> C:0:Warning: require_gem is obsolete. Use gem instead.
>
> It states this three times like above. Is there something I need to
> do ?
>
> Rae

Do you have an .irbrc file? Does it use "require_gem"? If so, edit the
file and change all the "require_gem" method calls to plain old
"require". (Unless you were using "require_gem" for it's actual purpose
of requiring a specific version of a gem, instead of using it as a
synonym for "require", which is what it was used for most of the time.)