On 9-Feb-07, at 10:01 PM, ara.t.howard / noaa.gov wrote:

>   This message is in MIME format.  The first part should be
> readable text,
>   while the remaining parts are likely unreadable without MIME-
> aware tools.
> On Sat, 10 Feb 2007, Bob Hutchison wrote:

>>> i have.  if people like it, i'll release next week.
>>
>> What version/implementation of sqlite are you using?
>
> give this one a whirl...

Thanks.

Okay I admit that I never quite worked out what was going on with the
sqlite packages in ruby. There are two it seems in the same project:
sqlite and sqlite3. And I think there is another project out there
someplace.

Trying to install sqlite as a gem installs version 2.0.1 but the most
recent version, if I understand rubyforge correctly, is 2.2.3; and
2.0.1 is marked a beta. Even though gem install tries to install
2.0.1 there is a gem on rubyforge for 2.2.3.

Worse, 2.0.1 won't compile on my machine. I havn't looked into it yet
but it reeks of missing libraries.

Sqlite3 does appear to install. I know I've had it working before so
this doesn't surprise me too much (this is also the reason I never
worked out what the different projects are).

Oh well. Something to do on a Saturday morning. And the delayed
gratification in seeing your 'hack' isn't all it's cracked up to be,
I think I prefer instant gratification -- but gratification there
will be :-)

Cheers,
Bob

> -a
> --
> we can deny everything, except that we have the possibility of
> being better.
> simply reflect on that.
> - the dalai lama
> <sqlitespace.rb>