On Feb 10, 2007, at 1:13 AM, ara.t.howard / noaa.gov wrote:

> this was so dang funny i had to share it
>

>   C++ : an octopus made by nailing extra legs onto a dog.
>
>     -- off smalltalk.org
>
> http://www.cs.caltech.edu/~mvanier/hacking/rants/
> scalable_computer_programming_languages.html
>

> i'm still laughing...

That's really good. Thanks for sharing. I followed the link. I think
the article is well worth reading. Some of the other quotes appearing
there were almost a good as the one you picked. This one really got
my attention:

    C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it
harder, but
    when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

       -- Bjarne Stroustrup

It's hard to believe that comes from Bjarne Stroustrup.

Regards, Morton