On Feb 8, 2007, at 7:28 PM, Daniel N wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Sorry if this is off topic, I'll be happy to post elsewhere if it's
> inappropriate.  (Pointer please)
>
> I have a light weight web app that I would like to get going and I
> think
> that rails is way overkill and will be a bit slow for this.  Some
> basic
> pages, but a lot of ajax, and image re-sizing.  I would like a
> threaded env
> (I think) to deal with this.
>
> I've seen stuff on camping and merb floating around the list, but
> where do
> you get these hosted?  Merb seems to have it's own equivelant to
> mongrel,
> and I'm not sure I even know what happens with camping.
>
> Where do you host either of these apps?
>
> Cheers
> Daniel

Daniel-

	Merb uses Mongrel so any host that allows Mongrel will work with
merb. Mongrel need to be at least version 0.3.18 though. You don't
even have to get a gem installed as you can freeze the merb framework
into the app and deploy it as one code base.

Cheers-
-- Ezra Zygmuntowicz
-- Lead Rails Evangelist
-- ez / engineyard.com