Daniel N wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Sorry if this is off topic, I'll be happy to post elsewhere if it's
> inappropriate.  (Pointer please)
>
> I have a light weight web app that I would like to get going and I think
> that rails is way overkill and will be a bit slow for this.  Some basic
> pages, but a lot of ajax, and image re-sizing.  I would like a threaded env
> (I think) to deal with this.
>
> I've seen stuff on camping and merb floating around the list, but where do
> you get these hosted?  Merb seems to have it's own equivelant to mongrel,
> and I'm not sure I even know what happens with camping.

I like Nitro when I don't need one or another feature of the Rails suite
and don't want the overhead.  It plays very well with  Mongrel, and I
expect you can deploy with capistrano without too much trouble.

http://www.nitroproject.org/

--
James Britt

http://www.rubyaz.org         - Hacking in the Desert