You should take a look at Capistrano - its pretty amazing what it does
out of the box, is base don Rake, and makes it easy to build, configure,
and deploy applications.

-----Original Message-----
From: Suraj Kurapati [mailto:snk / gna.org]
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2007 12:31 PM
To: ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org
Subject: Re: Ruby as a configuration language

Simon Strandgaard wrote:
> On 2/8/07, Tapio Kelloniemi <no / such.thing> wrote:
>> I'm writing an automated software building framework in Ruby. The
>> software compiles software packages from source code using
>> human-written profiles. The profiles should be extremely easy to read

>> and write by humans (and easy to
> [snip]
>
> There is a Ruby replacement of make, that can give you some
> inspiration on how to do it. Perhaps rake can do all what you want?
> http://rake.rubyforge.org/

I agree. If you're going to build a DSL for your particular domain, I
suggest building it atop Rake. Stand on the shoulders of this jolly Red
giant.

-----------------------------------------------------------.
.The information contained in and accompanying this communication is
strictly confidential and intended solely for the use of the intended
recipient(s).
If you have received it by mistake please let us know by reply and then
delete it from your system; you should not copy the message or disclose
its content to anyone.
MarketAxess reserves the right to monitor the content of emails sent to
or from its systems.
Any comments or statements made are not necessarily those of
MarketAxess. For more information, please visit www.marketaxess.com.
MarketAxess Europe Limited is regulated in the UK by the FSA, registered
in England no. 4017610, registered office at 71 Fenchurch Street,
London, EC3M 4BS.  Telephone (020) 7709 3100.
MarketAxess Corporation is regulated in the USA by the SEC and the NASD,
incorporated in Delaware, executive offices at 140 Broadway, New York,
NY 10005. Telephone (1) 212 813 6000.