On 2/7/07, Thai Le <lnthai2002 / yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
> I need a fast way to sort an array of object by their .time in xml time
> scheme. In java,it would be easy using priority queue,is there any thing
> similar to priority queue in ruby? Since this is a very small app, it
> would be waste of time trying to implement a priority queue.
> Thai

In ruby, you can sort array either by using Array#sort, or Array#sort_by.
Provided that your .time values have proper <=> operator, you can do:

sorted_array = array_of_objects.sort_by {|o| o.time}

If the <=> operator is not available, you can replace o.time  above
with e.g. conversion to timestamp, or implement your own:

sorted_array = array_of_objects.sort {|a,b| ...put here the comparison...}

(the sort by version is faster, as it makes the conversion only once
per array item.

For more details see documentation
(http://ruby-doc.org/core/classes/Array.html#M002235)