In a Rails controller action, I am receiving a string parameter back
from an Ajax request

#using inline RJS (Remote JavaScript), I render html replacing a hidden
input field in a form
    render :update do |page|
      page.remove ('new_title')
      page.insert_html(:after, 'hidden_values', "<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN
id='new_title' NAME='new_title' VALUE='#{params[:new_title]}' />")
      page.form.reset 'propform'
    end

if there is no single quote in params[:new_title] = "John Doe is a
stupid and silly boy"
I get the full string as a value in the input field
but
if there is a single quote in params[:new_title]  = "John Doe's sister
is a nice beautiful girl"
I get only  ""John Doe"

where is the problem.. is theer anyway to avoid it ?

thanks

joss