James Gray wrote:
> On Feb 6, 2007, at 8:33 AM, Shawn W_ wrote:
>
>>> James Edward Gray II
>>
>> How many is many many? I do get it, but it's not something that's
>> going
>> to occur to a newbie. Would be nice if there was a simple, say, three
>> star indicator, easy, average, hard, or even just a simple header
>> [suitable for newbie] sign at the top of each quiz, after all I would
>> think beginners are a good proportion of visitors to the Ruby Quizzes,
>> yes?
>
> I've wanted to add such a rating, but it's not as easy as it sounds.
> Who decides what is a three star rating?  You and I probably differ
> on our definition of such.
>
> James Edward Gray II

Even a wrong assessment on your part is going to be far more accurate
than the assessment of a newbie who knows nothing. Think of it as a way
of steering the newbie away from the hard, ego deflating stuff that may
discourage them. Start with the easiest problem you have, slap a Newbie
Approved stamp on it, and go from there. Just keep it simple. It would
be just a guide.