I've released a 1.0.1 version of the tool which fixes the issues
below. It will take a bit for it to appear on "gem update", but it
should be there within the hour.

Also see my comments inline below.

On 2/5/07, bbiker <renard / nc.rr.com> wrote:
> c:\ruby>path_editor --clean
> Removing C:\swig
>
> NOTICE that it removed C:\swig !!!!! this only occurred once and
> neither duplicate were deleted

Not sure why it removed C:\swig, are you sure the directory exists?

Duplicate removal should work correctly now.

> NOTE BUENE  path_editor failed to pick up the last 3 entries in my
> %PATH% variable.

path_editor will reflect the path that comes up when you open "My
Computer | Properties | Advanced | Environment Variables " and select
the "Path" variable under "System Variables". If you have added paths
to your local prompt (by modifying the PATH environment variable,
etc), path_editor will not see them. It works with the persisted path
that Windows stores for you.

> I guess that path_editor is not quite ready for prime time. It does
> promise to be a handy tool...so please fix it.

Enjoy!