On 2/5/07, Jim Weirich <jim / weirichhouse.org> wrote:
> = Announce: RubyGems Release 0.9.2
>
> Release 0.9.2 is a maintenance release of RubyGems that fix some minor
> bugs in the 0.9.1 release.
>
> Bug Fixes Include:
>
> * The "unpack" command now works properly.
> * User name and password are now passed properly to the authenticating
>   proxy when downloading gems.
>
> == What is RubyGems?
>
> RubyGems is a package management system for Ruby applications and
> libraries.  RubyGems one command download makes installing Ruby software
> fun and enjoyable again. (Ok, not really.)
>
> Many gems are available for download from the RubyForge site.  Browse
> the list of gems with a "gem list --remote" command and download what
> you need with a simple "gem install <name-of-gem>".  RubyGems takes care
> of the details of installing, not only the gem you requested, but also
> any gems needed by the software you selected.
>
> == RubyGems Statistics
>
> * About 1300 different gems are available from RubyForge
> * Over 500 thousand downloads of the RubyGems software
> * Over 8.5 million gem downloads
>
> If you are interested in finding out when new gems are released, I
> maintain an RSS feed at http://onestepback.org/gemwatch.rss.
>
> == How can I get RubyGems?
>
> If you have a recent version of RubyGems (0.8.5 or later), then all
> you need to do is:
>
>   $ gem update --system   (you might need to be admin/root)
>
> (Note: You may have to run the command twice if you have any previosly
> installed rubygems-update gems).
>
> If you have an older version of RubyGems installed, then you can still
> do it in two steps:
>
>   $ gem install rubygems-update  (again, might need to be admin/root)
>   $ update_rubygems              (... here too)
>
> If you don't have any gems install, there is still the pre-gem
> approach to getting software ... doing it manually:
>
> 1. DOWNLOAD FROM: http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=126
> 2. UNPACK INTO A DIRECTORY AND CD THERE
> 3. INSTALL WITH:  ruby setup.rb all  (you may need admin/root privilege)
>
> == What's Next
>
> The next big thing on the plate is to integrate the local/remote gem
> logic and make the whole thing more consistent.
>
> == Thanks
>
> Major contributors to this release include:
>
> * Anatol Pomozov
>
> Keep those gems coming!
>
> -- Jim & Chad (for the RubyGems team)
>
> --

I just updated from 0.9.0 to 0.9.2 with
gem update --system

Everything appeared to go OK, but now I can't update or install anything

thisbox:~ cmartin$ sudo gem update --include-dependencies
Updating installed gems...
ERROR:  While executing gem ... (NoMethodError)
    undefined method `refresh' for #<Hash:0x10d1cc0>

thisbox:~ cmartin$ sudo gem install sqlite3-ruby
ERROR:  While executing gem ... (NoMethodError)
    undefined method `refresh' for #<Hash:0x102cf04>

thisbox:~ cmartin$ sudo gem install rails --include-dependencies
ERROR:  While executing gem ... (NoMethodError)
    undefined method `refresh' for #<Hash:0x102cc98>

thisbox:~ cmartin$ sudo gem install rails
ERROR:  While executing gem ... (NoMethodError)
    undefined method `refresh' for #<Hash:0x102cf04>

Any suggestions?

--

Chris Martin
Web Developer