On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 01:29:32 +0900, James Edward Gray II
<james / grayproductions.net> wrote:

>> Shouldn't there be a requirement that an equations is invalid if
>> there is
>> another, shorter equation that uses the same words? Otherwise:
>>
>> 	$ ruby quiz112.rb foo oof
>> 	"foo"  =  "oof"
>> 	"foo" + "foo"  =  "oof" + "oof"
>> 	"foo" + "foo" + "foo"  =  "oof" + "oof" + "oof"
>
>If you want to make shorter equations a goal for your solution, go
>for it.  This is not a requirement of the quiz though.

If you don't have this requirement, you have either none or an infinite
number of solution - if a solution a==b exists, the ist also the solution
a+a==b+b (and so on). So, only the minimal equations should count.

hli
--
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
-- Albert Einstein