------art_40608_10115525.1170546118672

On 2/3/07, James Edward Gray II <james / grayproductions.net> wrote:

> On Feb 3, 2007, at 2:34 AM, Robert Dober wrote:
>
> > But  I realize that I do not know how to distinguish between Core
> > and STL.
>
> If you can use it without a require, it's core Ruby.  Array,
> Enumerable, and Hash are examples.
>
> If it comes with Ruby (no extra install), but you must require it to
> use it, it's a standard library.  OpenStruct, Logger, and WEBrick are
> examples.
>
> Hope that helps.

Sure that is the definition I will  adopt from now, I got confused mostly by
Enumerable which is in the core *and* some of its extensions in the STL.

Thx for clarifying this.

James Edward Gray II

Robert

But we feel we are confused on a higher level and about more important
things.
-Anonymous

------art_40608_10115525.1170546118672--