On Sun, Feb 04, 2007 at 01:55:05AM +0900, fabian.erbach / googlemail.com wrote:
> thanks for the new release, it's great to have real auto-complete.
>
> rct-complete works fine with vim for me, but I can't get rct-doc to
> work with vim.
>
> In the video at http://www.eigenclass.org/hiki.rb?rcodetools-0.5.0 it
> seems that you can get a list of all possible completions and if you
> navigate over the candidates it shows you the doc information. Could
> you please show me your vimrc settings that enables that feature (if
> it's supposed to work like that)?

Yes, that's the way it's meant to work :)
Completion candidates will be shown if you

 set completeopt=menu,preview

The extra information shown in the preview window can be enabled with
   let g:rct_completion_use_fri = 1  " 0 by default (disabled)

The above will make rcodetools.vim use FastRI's fri to obtain the RI
information for the completion candidates. In this case, installing FastRI
from the tarball is a good idea, since the startup time is about ~10 times
slower when you install with RubyGems...

README.vim details how to disable the preview window when the candidate list
is too long.

HTH,