Is there a single, easy method in Ruby that will let me read multiple
numbers from the screen directly into multiple variables?

For instance, say I have two variable called "age" and "weight", and
query the user to enter them on the same line.  In FORTRAN I'd just say

READ(*,*) age, weight

and when the user enters "20, 200" they are put to age and weight, as
real variables.  Can I do a similar thing in Ruby?

I did create a method that will parse the string read by "gets" into
elements of an array, but there must be a simpler way to do this that I
am missing.