Rcmn 73 wrote:
> what is the equivalent in ruby of that PHP code ?
>
> <?
> $sql = "select * from mytable";
>         $result = mssql_query($sql);
>         while($row = mssql_fetch_array($result)){
>         $array[] = $row[0];
>         }
> ?>
>

> so far i have :
>
> require 'dbi'
>    db = DBI.connect("DBI:ADO:Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data
> Source=myserver;Initial Catalog=mydb;User Id=myuser;Password=;")
>    sql = db.prepare("select* from mytable")
>    sql.execute
>
>    while row=sql.fetch do
>
>    p row
>    end
>

> I'm just interested in a good practice to store in an array from an SQL
> query.
>
>   sql.finish

if you just want the first column of all rows:
(you should probably only select that one, but anyway)

require 'mysql'

class Mysql::Result
   include Enumerable
end

db = Mysql::new("myserver", "myuser", "", "mydb")

array = db.query("SELECT * from mytable").map{|row| row.first}

db.close

btw: anyone knows why the "include Enumerable" isn't there at
the first place?

cheers

Simon