Ben Congleton wrote:
> Is the Ruby "ruby logo" licenced under creative commons? (The ruby logo
> found in the header of http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/)
>
> I was also wondering if someone had made a good 'ruby' t-shirt with
> the logo on it?  I was looking for some ruby 'nerd-wear' and couldn't
> find anything other than a few ugly shirts on cafe-press.

I hope they weren't among these:

http://www.rubystuff.com

> If there are no good shirts out there and the logo is under CC
> I am definitely interested in designing some shirts, printing them, and
> selling them at cost.  (But, I want to make sure I wouldn't be breaking
> any copyrights to print the shirts first)

See the link at the bottom of the ruby-lang.org home page for:

   http://rubyidentity.org/

<quote>
Want to use the Ruby logo for your own project?

Download the Ruby logo kit and get started right away! The Ruby logo is
copyright ? 2006, Yukihiro Matsumoto. It is released under the terms of
the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.
</quote>

But I don't see this graphic of a ruby as any official logo.  It's
simply part of the current page design.

(There was a thread on Ruby logo and mascots some time back, and it
thankfully faded away.)

--
James Britt

"I have the uncomfortable feeling that others are making a religion
out of it, as if the conceptual problems of programming could be
solved by a single trick, by a simple form of coding discipline!"
  - Edsger Dijkstra