Michael Fellinger wrote:

> This is just to show that Database itself should take responsibility
> over creation/checking. It's just a small example but should give you
> an idea.
> Tell, don't do :)

Ah, yes, that makes sense. I had to adapt your example to my needs, but
that is only a minor thing (I only use File to check if my SQLite
database is already existing, and if not, to have a set of SQLite
statements create it, which I probably place in their own class, as the
SQL can change, and this would provide easier maintenance, and a better
re-usability of the code, too).

Although this raises another question for me: Is it better to keep
functionality (i.e. everything that handles a database) into a class, or
to group functions into a class? The former keeps everything neatly in
one place, while the latter makes inheritance easier.

I lean towards a case-by-case basis, depending on the curcumstances of a
project, but to keep to stick with one option or the other (Phill's
PLOS, so to speak ;)

-Phill
--
Over by the window, lie the raiment and the weapons
That we need to take into this world today

Skyclad - A Survival Campaign