Is there a book like programming Ruby for dummies or other such
elementary learning tool?
Can someone recommend some really basic beginner books for Ruby? One
that would include the software and other tools you need to make a
program? I see a lot of code examples on the various tutorial sites
but nothing really on what programs you need to make a Ruby program.
What software I'd need to buy or hopefully download free. I have
FreeRide and some java programs and Netbeans (which apparantly doesn't
work with .rb files)

I'm more interested in creating a web with Ruby on Rails but was told
I need to learn Ruby first.

thanks,

Rae