Stefano Crocco wrote:
> Alle 21:50, domenica 28 gennaio 2007, Neville Franks ha scritto:
>>
>>    Ared = "mary"
>>    angy = "bill"
>>    angy <<Ared      # does this start a Here Doc or is it operator <<
>>    print <<Ared     # as above.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> ---
>> Neville Franks, http://www.getsoft.com http://www.surfulater.com
>
> Some editors (kate and vim, for example) assume the presence of a
> whitespace
> after the << in the operator case:
>
> a=[]
> s="abc"
> #this gets highlighted as a HERE Doc
> a<<s
>
> #this gets highlighted as an operator
> a<< s
>
> Stefano

Stefano,
Thanks, but that isn't how the Ruby interpreter works, so this is really
a hack that may or may not work with real code.

I can just do the same thing, but if possible I'd like a 'correct'
solution.

I've been looking at all of the Ruby Editors on Windows and am surprised
at how poorly they handle Ruby syntax. I would never release a product
like these.