------art_63310_3155146.1169974118464

On 1/28/07, Tim X <timx / nospam.dev.null> wrote:

> <snip>
> I don't think your example shows what you believe it is showing. However,
> some extent, this is because the pass by value and pass by reference is
> irrelevant in a language like Ruby.

I could not agree  less, very simply because the two sentences
* In ruby a variable is a reference to an object
* All parameters are passed by value
define the whole semantic of  parameters passed to methods(1), no need for
fancy boxes (though that is always good)
or to look at the implementation (but I had a close look before making bold
statements like these;)

(1) and that within well accepted computer science jargon
<snip>

> Tim
>
> --
> tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au