On 1/26/07, Neville Franks <subs / surfulater.com> wrote:
> Following from yesterday I have a few more Ruby questions.
>
> Can someone please explain what 'self' does in the following:
>
>  module Mod1
>    def self.a_method
>      puts 'a'
>    end
>
>    def b_method
>      puts 'b'
>    end
>  end
>
> If self isn't specificed I'm unable to call the method. ex.
>  Mod1::b_method fails.
>
> I've scoured on-line docs about module and come up empty.

I see people already helped you with this one

> Next. What does '/upload' mean in:
>    class Upload < R '/upload'

This is the beginning of a controller definition in the Camping
microframework.  The class is "inheriting" from the method R() which
takes a regex argument of the route to bind to.  The R() method then
adds some meta-info to the runtime, and returns an anonymous class
that Upload actually inherits from.