Pete Yandell wrote:

> On 19/01/2007, at 10:17 PM, Stephen Duncan wrote:
>
>> It's pronounced roo-bee (so, like dubious).
>
> Dubious is only pronounced doobious if you're American. :)

Well, I am Hungarian :-) (btw in Hungarian, Ruby is pronounced as in
Japanese). I guess I am mostly speaking American English, but I don't
think so this is the main cause 'dubious' came to my mind when looking
for a suitable example - the reason was that I never heard it pronounced
differently... (I met only a few native British English speakers, though)

Cheers,
Peter

__
http://www.rubyrailways.com