Andr? wrote:
> Hello,
>
> this post might sound strange, but after working with ruby for so long,
> I've been thinking about writing a ruby operating system. I've been
> thinking about doing my M.D. thesis about it, but I want to hear some
> of your opinions.

   Well, there is http://unununium.org/
   And I'm sure there are some java undertakings as well.

   It's not completely stupid or impossible. Might make some kind of
   point in certain type of embedded solutions if it were stable and
   efficient in at least some way (ease of customization?) - there would
   have to be *some* highlighted feature, that nothing else has, to gain
   any interest (outside of academia), I'd guess.

   With the current state of ruby implementations, I would say it's
   pretty darn hard to get a good stable system without reimplementing a
   somewhat posix-compliant system anyway (unless you hook on top of on a
   java-os project and go with jruby =)).

   But, I'd very much like to see what sort of wacky stuff you could come
   up with something as dynamic and fun as ruby =)

--
Mikko Lehtonen