"Ned Konz" <ned / bike-nomad.com> wrote in message
news:20011027081734.7BFAA3B6F / helium.ruby-lang.org...
> On Wednesday 24 October 2001 06:12 pm, Benoit Cerrina wrote:
> > > One thing I'm thinking about is something that would allow a keystroke
> > > open up myri (not sure whether it's still called that ... the GUI
someone
> > > wrote to sit on top of the interactive reference) to the right entry
for
> > > the function or class my cursor's on.
> >
> > Don't know how myri works but I'd say its probably easier to do it
without
> > ruby.
> > I believe doing something with another scripting language than vim's own
> > is really usefull only when the something either:
> >     needs data structures
> >     is computationaly intensive
> > none of this apply there.
> > Benoit
>
> Well, here's my first usage of Ruby inside of Vim. It implements a state
> machine that pulls out some but not all lines from one buffer into
another,
> then reformats them so that adjacent blocks have single blank lines
between
> them.
>
> It was really annoying (and slow) to do in Vim because you have to
explicitly
> switch between the buffers for every line.
>
> I did use the Vim reformatting command, though, because it's faster and
> simpler for this task.
>
> " Ruby function embedded in a Vim macro
I you are going this way (which is good) you might want to get this script
http://vim.sourceforge.net/scripts/script.php?script_id=119 and the latest
version of the vim.vim syntax highlighting
http://users.erols.com/astronaut/vim/syntax/vim.vim.gz with both you'll be
able to
have your embedder ruby correctly highlighted and indented.