I am looking for a quick easy GUI development capability that runs on
both Windows and Linux.  Today, I am using Excel's VBA to create a GUI
and using that to control running the Ruby scipts.   It is a simple 20
minute job to create a GUI to control different Ruby scripts and I use
Excel to report back results.   I would like to have the same solution
that runs on Linux and Windows.  I thought I would use QT4 from
Trolltech.  They have a nice GUI  development environment that allows
you to quickly develop a GUI but I cannot find any Ruby GEM that binds
QT4 to Ruby on the PC - so no go.  I looked at some other solutions but
all of the them seem to required a lot of development time to create
the GUI.

I need widgets like a tabbed panel, listbox, combobox, optionbox,
checkbox, textbox

Any other recommendations?