On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 dblack / wobblini.net wrote:

> Hi --
>
> On Tue, 23 Jan 2007, Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
>
>> |I've also started thinking about the idea of a MethodData class... but
>> |it's pretty unformulated.
>>
>> Hmm, I am looking forward.
>
> I can give you the very basic idea (and that will save me some further
> trouble if you don't like it :-)
>
>  str = "abc"
>  md = str.method_data(:split)   => MatchData object

MatchData ??

>  md.method                      => Method object
>  md.receiver                    => str
>  md.method_name                 => "split"

why would the properties of an object be contained outside of the method
object?  wouldn't it be more intuitive to do

   m = 'pols'.method 'split'

   p m.name     #=> 'split'
   p m.receiver #=> 'pols'

it just seems more economic to hang this info off of the method object itself

??

-a
--
we can deny everything, except that we have the possibility of being better.
simply reflect on that.