On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 11:02:25 +0900, Hemant Kumar wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-01-22 at 10:49 +0900, Yang Jdong wrote:
>> when i use m_x ri in emacs,it show follow info: couldn't start ruby
>> script.
>> i use winxp and ruby 1.8.4,emacs23.
>>
> I dunno, if its just me, but ri-emacs seems to be broken for the time
> being. I choose a say F1 #=> Array and pressing enter on any method takes
> me to the same page.
>
> So, I am not able to drill down into method definitions and stuff.

Are you using the latest version of ri-emacs?

Note that the help buffer just displays the info, it is not a browser.
You need to type in the method at the minibuffer (using completion if
you like), just like it works for emacs lisp.

There is now a mailing list: <ri-emacs-users AT rubyforge.org>
Please send your questions there.  I may not be reading this newsgroup,
and the discussion may be interesting for other users.
You can subscribe here: