On 1/21/07, Devin Mullins <twifkak / comcast.net> wrote:
> Gregory Brown wrote:
> > instead of alias i'll use alias_method.
> Why? (Curious, not argumentative.)

I guess it really is just the method vs. keyword thing.
alias is available everywhere, which means you might be aliasing in
the wrong place

Also, alias can work on global variables and regex backreferences.

it's also scary to me to see:  alias new_method old_method
where alias_method :new_method, :old_method seems more natural to me.

I think I may have been overly fearful about the use of alias, but I
guess there is no good reason not to use it as long as you know what
you're doing.

regards,
-greg