matt wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-01-21 at 10:41 +0900, Timothy Hunter wrote:
>> this bug report
>> http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=5701&group_id=426&atid=1698
>> addresses the problem.
>>
>> Welcome to Ruby!
>>

> There's no need to apologize on anyone's behalf (I'm certainly not
> sorry, and I don't consider what I did rude either). Remember, I did his
> homework for him, and presented several options of how to proceed.  I
> should be thanked for presenting the information on a hyper-text
> platter.  And we should pity and feel sorry for those that have
> forgotten (or never knew) how to do research on there own.  But don't
> worry, over time, they can be trained.
>
> Welcome to reality.

Tell me something, why do you bother?

I mean, clearly the only "help" you are willing to offer to people like
me is to tell us how do google searches. So why not just ignore the
question and let someone else field the answer?

And does it really bother you that much that I was unable to find the
information on my own? Is not the purpose of this forum for helping
people use Ruby? 'Cause if its not, let me know and I will go elsewhere.

From where I stand, all you are doing is wasting both my time and yours.
Is you faith in the all mighty search engine really worth alienating a
new user?

Jonathan