On Sun, 2007-01-21 at 10:41 +0900, Timothy Hunter wrote:
> Jonathan Allen wrote:
> > Anyone else want to pick up this thread. Maybe tell me how and where to
> > submit bug reports? Or do you guys not do that?
> >
> Please accept my apologies, on behalf of the Ruby community, for your
> reception on this mailing list. Normally we are quite civilized and
> supportive of new Rubyists.
>
> You don't have to report this problem. It is well-known. Search the
> Google archives for earlier discussions if you're interested. I believe
> this bug report
> http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=5701&group_id=426&atid=1698
> addresses the problem.
>
> Welcome to Ruby!

There's no need to apologize on anyone's behalf (I'm certainly not
sorry, and I don't consider what I did rude either). Remember, I did his
homework for him, and presented several options of how to proceed.  I
should be thanked for presenting the information on a hyper-text
platter.  And we should pity and feel sorry for those that have
forgotten (or never knew) how to do research on there own.  But don't
worry, over time, they can be trained.

Welcome to reality.