Timothy Hunter wrote:
> Jonathan Allen wrote:
>> Anyone else want to pick up this thread. Maybe tell me how and where to
>> submit bug reports? Or do you guys not do that?
>>
> Please accept my apologies, on behalf of the Ruby community, for your
> reception on this mailing list. Normally we are quite civilized and
> supportive of new Rubyists.
>
> You don't have to report this problem. It is well-known. Search the
> Google archives for earlier discussions if you're interested. I believe
> this bug report
> http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=5701&group_id=426&atid=1698
> addresses the problem.
>
> Welcome to Ruby!

Thanks, I really appreciate that. It is so hard to find ones way around
a new community, especially when you run into problems right from the
start.

Do you know if anyone has of list of which components are still
supported and which are not?

If I'm ever going to use Ruby in production, knowing what stuff has
already reached end of life is vital. And apparently I cannot blindly
trust the main Ruby distribution to be up to date.

Jonathan