On 19.01.2007 19:33, Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
> Wolfgang's proposal can be divided into three methods.
>
>   #receiver that returns the bound object of the method object.
>   #name that returns the name of the method object.
>   and a method that returns the class which holds the method.
>
> Does anybody have good name candidate for the last one?  I have
> already implemented the first two methods in the local copy of the
> repository.

I opt for "defining_class", because this precisely states what it
returns.  Some might find it a bit much of typing but I think we have
much worse cases in Ruby (attr_accessor for example, which is much more
often used).  If someone can come up with an equally clear name which is
shorter, that's fine with me.

Kind regards

	robert