On Jan 19, 2007, at 3:05 PM, Alex Schearer wrote:

> Thanks for the feedback.  I am in fact trying to do what openstrtuct
> allows despite any confusing language I might have employed.  I was
> curious whether there was any way to do so without employing a hash
> table -- that isn't to say that PHP doesn't employ a hash table
> with its
> objects.  Now I know, and let me just also say thank you for the
> lengthy
> response.  I invariably find it more useful when more experienced
> members of the community explain/tell me something than when they
> point
> me to a reference document, though that is still more useful than no
> response at all.

Well, it is certainly possible to roll your own class that
uses instance variables instead of the hash table.  You can use
method_missing to capture calls to object.x and object.x= and then
set or get the matching instance variables.

I'll bet this has been done many times before.  Maybe in facets?  Trans?

Gary Wright