On Jan 19, 6:03 am, "Giles Bowkett" <gil... / gmail.com> wrote, in part:

> Basically, the advantage is the bytecode interpreter, and that Ruby
> came from outside the West. Faster performance plus lower barriers to
> adoption equals more users.
>
> (Or at least, more users for now. Ruby books are outselling Python
> books today, according to O'Reilly.)

Citation needed :)

The information I've seen on this suggested that Ruby book sales were
_growing_ at a faster rate than Python book sales.  That's not at all
the same thing as saying that Ruby books are outselling Python books.

Of course, perhaps I haven't seen the most up-to-date information.

Gavin