Shea Martin wrote:
> I need an embedded scripting language.
>
> Lua was the first one that jumped into my head, even though I know very
> little about the language, other than the fact that games often embed it.
>
> I work with C++, but ruby is my language of choice.  So I would prefer
> to embed ruby, as I just like the language in general.
>
> The main consideration, is that the embedded interpreter be very
> lightweight, and fast.
>
> API richness would not really be an issue, as most lot of the
> functionality of the scripts would come from the C++ the vm
> interpreter was embedded in.
>
> When it comes to embedding 'Io' sounds great.  But the syntax looks
> like ass...
>
> Thought? tips?
>
> ~S

If you are looking at lua and c++ be sure to check out luabind, it makes
connecting c++ functions, classes, etc to lua MUCH easier.

http://www.rasterbar.com/products/luabind.html

It needs boost to build, which is a massive dependecy to tack onto your
project, but I think it's worth it for the ease of use you gain.

Ken