I tried to send this offlist, but it failed, so my apologies if some
might consider this off-topic.

On 18-Jan-07, at 2:10 PM, Shea Martin wrote:

> When it comes to embedding 'Io' sounds great.  But the syntax looks
> like ass...

I understand it might not be what you're after, and that's fine; but
you can bend and twist Io's syntax to fit whatever kind of syntax you
want. For instance, you can give Io a C syntax in very few lines of
code (admittingly, not the best way to do it) but: http://
blurgle.blogspot.com/2006/09/fun-with-c-dsl.html

I've created several shim DSLs using nothing but more Io message
manipulation for many common languages (some more completely than
others) including (but not limited to): C, LISP, Objective-C and my
own language.

Food for thought.

--
Jeremy Tregunna