Reid Thompson wrote:
> Shawn W_ wrote:
>> Can you both confirm (ie used yourself) that RDE and Eclipse can
>> execute Ruby code from within the program if on WinXP SP2? FreeRIDE
>> and Scite claimed they could and they both couldn't, or I couldn't
>> get them working anyway.
>>
>> They look good to me. The first one I try that has my top 3 I'm using.
>>

> RDE does

Eclipse is nice.  It is LARGE.  It offers the option of multiple
languages and infinite configuration.  It is a JAVA application.  All of
these are great if you want/need them.  If you don't they can be a PITA.

RDT is nice.  It is small.  Not sure if it does langs other than ruby.
I'm pretty much 99% VIM.  I've used and will prob continue to use RDE
and Eclipse for various purposes at various times ( at various times I
want/need various capabilities ).  If you're currently just interested
in RUBY and want a small, quick IDE, I suggest giving RDE a run.

Screenshots of both ides are at their respective sites.