On 1/18/07, Daniel N <has.sox / gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/18/07, Jan Svitok <jan.svitok / gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have answered similar questions in:
> > http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/211073 and
> > http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/219842
> > Especially notice the link to Handbook of Applied Cryptography
> >
> > The library you are interested in is OpenSSL
> >
> > This might be helpful as well:
> > http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/228214
> >
> > Maybe instead of using PGP to encrypt, you may want to use stardard
> > PKI (X.509 certificates etc.) - just choose which one is more
> > convenient to you and/or your users (although I assume OpenSSL
> > supports the X.509 better)
> >

> Great Thanx for your input.  I'll have a read of these thread asap.

I did find these threads prior to posting.  I'm still no clearer on
how to implement.  :(

I did look at OpenSSL and there does not seem to be any documentation
to speak of.  Also there does not seem to be any useable tutorial that
I could identify on the net for this library.

I do need to read up on PKI X.509 certificates though.

Thanx again