On 17.01.2007 20:53, Adrian Roskrow wrote:
> In answer to your question, no I don't redirct stdin, should I?

Well, if you don't the script will sit there and wait for you to enter
something via keyboard.  And you won't see any output from your version
of the script until you press Ctrl-Z or whatever is the stream
termination sequence on your operating system because the #read call
reads all the way to the end of the stream.  So, as Ara said, as long as
there is no end #read cannot return and you don't see any output.  The
story is different with a line based implementation like mine.

> I like your code snippets and will try them out post hast.

Have fun!

	robert