Jason Roelofs wrote:

> Just a warning, the pure-Ruby EM is dog slow comparatively. I'd suggest
> using the native version if you can.

This is something I'm wondering about.  I've seen and used Twisted for
Python and its robust and can handle large amounts of traffic.  I wonder
why Ruby seems to lack the robustness in the arena of sockets, etc. that
Python seems to have no issues with?  Perhaps I'm seeing this all wrong,
so please correct me.  Eventmachine as it is now is coded in C or C++,
correct?  Yet even with the improvements in the Ruby core for sockets
the pure implementation of EM is going to be much slower.  I have to
think Ruby has some issues still then in the arena of sockets?  Will
YARV help any?