I'm installing my own ruby but need to use the other gnu tools from my
co-worker, who has ruby too. I 'm doing this to try stuff first before I ask
him to install it in his ruby, which is our standard.

However, my ruby is picking up library from his ruby installation instead of
mine. I don't have any RUBY* environment variable, I don't find his path in
my ruby Makefile nor configuration.

I did:
configure --prefix=/login/asn
make
make install

I do have my co-worker bin directory in my $PATH (then I removed it
afterward). Could my ruby installation picked up the library location from
the existing ruby (my co-worker's)? How to tell it not to?

I know there are probably many variables that might have caused it, but if I
know how that $: is set, I thought it might help. What could have set $:
when I build my ruby?

I've spending hours already to sort this out without any luck.

-andre

Type your favorite song.? Get a customized station.? Try MSN Radio powered
by Pandora. http://radio.msn.com/?icid=T002MSN03A07001