Barabule Muci wrote:
> Hello,
> I am making an connection with mysql
> Mysql.real_connect("127.0.0.1","root","","f_juso","3306")
>
> The problem is when the user and pass is correct it works very well but
> when the user and pass is wrong it display the debugger and display the
> message:
> Mysql::Error in ComenziController#login
> Access denied for user 'roots'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
> and all that ruby debugger stuff.
>
> I wan't to get the error in ruby and to display only my message like
> "Invalid password."
> It's help me, because i have made an login script and i wan't to check
> the user and password by connecting on mysql with that user and
> password.
> Thanks

Couldn't you create a separate account with a single table with only the
user names and passwords in it?  This way you can use a set login to
access this account and check if the user account is in the table.  If
it exists then check the password.  If the information is correct
continue with logging into the desired database otherwise display the
error message of your choice.