On Jan 17, 2007, at 3:46 PM, gwtmp01 / mac.com wrote:

> On Jan 16, 2007, at 11:21 PM, Luke Kanies wrote:
>> Well, the constants in this case are all of the class constants,
>> not arbitrary constants like numbers.  So, if I did this, I'd have
>> to stick a constant for each class into that Constants module.
>
> If each class has its own collection of constants, why aren't you
> putting the definitions right in the class?  In your original post
> it sounded like you were looking for a way to have several
> different classes have 'direct' access to a common collection of
> constants (i.e. without the need for explicit scoping).

Well, that's kind of what I want, except that in this case the
constants are those associated with my classes and modules.  E.g.,
the constants in question are 'Puppet' (which points to the Puppet
module) and Puppet::OSAL::Type (which points to the Type class in
Puppet::OSAL).

There's probably a better way to talk about this, I suppose.  What I
really want is to have access to all of the classes in Puppet without
having to specify quite so long a constant path everywhere and also
without having to have all of my classes wrapped in four or five
module/end statements.

  --
  If a dog jumps onto your lap it is because he is fond of you; but if a
  cat does the same thing it is because your lap is warmer.