Gavin Kistner wrote:

> I want the scripting language to be Ruby. Right now, it's IronPython.
> I've been told that the reason is that with using Ruby under this
> scenario, a new Assembly is created for each command that the user
> enters. This is a Bad Thing, as it's been described to me, for
> performance and memory.

The short answer is no. RubyClr uses .NET's DynamicMethod.

> I'd really like our software to use Ruby, and I could probably convince
> the engineers to use it if we could overcome this hurdle. More Ruby
> everywhere is better for the world. ;)

I don't know that RubyClr is necessarily ready to be depended on. Don't
get me wrong, it does some things well, but last I looked it still had
object-identity issues and that's a major problem for writing anything
reliable.

It's fun for short-lived scripts with low object counts though.