At 04:58 PM 10/26/2001 +0900, you wrote:
>This is beginning to sound cooler and cooler. Even though I'm not willing
>to contribute (got enough Ruby projects as is) I'd like to note a thing
>that IMHO hampers some projects that does this: If it looks very different
>to what people are used to it will feel awkward even if it may be
>better. It must be very much better to overcome the awkwardness of being
>different. This is from my impressions with Squeak. YMMV.

While I agree with you, I'm still on a Squeak-is-really-cool high, and I
like the idea of Ruby having such an environment, unhampered by native GUI
toolkits.

Does anyone have suggestions as to how to combine the ideas?  To actually
use a native toolkit without being limited by it?  Once one plays with
Squeak and morphic for a while, one begins to wonder why real toolkits
don't do that.

Perhaps we could provide the native toolkits, and then support for the Ruby
BitBlt on the canvas (FXCanvas, TKCanvas, etc) that comes with the
toolkit.  This would give people the opportunity to do the flexible thing
without throwing out the obvious usefulness and usability of native toolkits.

Jimmy