Trans wrote:
> is there a standard global var for dry-run? e.g. $DRYRUN. i've been
> using $NOHARM myself, but decided i want to use whatever rake uses (I
> assume it sets a global flag so task defs can use it if need be.) which
> got me thinking it would probably be good if ruby had a standard for
> this.

Actually no, Rake does not store the dry-run flag in a global.  It is
stored in an options object that is local to the Rake::Application
object.  This allows multiple Rake::Applications running in the same
memory space, each with its own set of tasks and options.

Early versions of Rake used globals, but I've tried to avoid them as
much as possible in later versions.

-- Jim Weirich