Trans wrote:
> James Britt wrote:
>> Joel VanderWerf wrote:
>>> No idea. One possible solution is to put a "stub" rakefile in the dir,
>>> and the stub requires the main rakefile. Then (IIRC) the pwd during the
>>> rake tasks will be that of the stub. But maybe you don't want to scatter
>>> stubs all over the place.
>> Right, that's the whole point.  For example, I have a Rake task that
>> will do an svn commit.  I've also aliased rake to r , so I can do this
>> to commit code:
>>
>>   $ r com This is my log message
>
> how are you accessing "This is my log message" in your task?

ARGV.shift # remove the task name
ARGV.join( ' ') # Get everything else on the command line

Sadly, rake still thinks that there are more tasks on the command line;
even calling ARGV.clear doesn't help.

(I looked for the command to flush the Rake task call queue, but
couldn't find it, so I live with the error it raises at the end. :(  )

--
James Britt